Old B-23-H Kiln sitter

Ronni

I’m new to ceramics and recently bought a used kiln that’s quite old but works like a charm.

i don’t really know what the numbers on the knobs are and I’m trying to bisque cone 06 and glaze cone 6. I don’t have pyrometic bars for the cone 06 bisque so any help on what the numbers on the knobs signify and how to reach the desired temp would be awesome. (I do have glass cone 6 bars)

It should have a kiln sitter, are you familiar with firing with a kiln sitter? You will need a bar or cone (06) not 6, for the sitter, minimum. As far as bisque firing you likely will fire both knobs on low for two hours, both on medium for two hours, then turn to high till the sitter shuts it off.  Have you obtained the owners manual for that kiln? Should be available on cress website.

18 hours ago, Bill Kielb said:

It should have a kiln sitter, are you familiar with firing with a kiln sitter? You will need a bar or cone (06) not 6, for the sitter, minimum. As far as bisque firing you likely will fire both knobs on low for two hours, both on medium for two hours, then turn to high till the sitter shuts it off.  Have you obtained the owners manual for that kiln? Should be available on cress website.

Thank you very much bill!

Archived