Looking for info on Slipmaster King Carl

Hi all

Yes - first post. Sorry to be asking right away but I've not been able to find anything on this.

My wife found and purchased a Slipmaster King Carl kiln with a KilnSitter on it. It's not in bad shape - will have to replace some bricks and all of the coils. 

I wondered if anyone had any place to get info on these kilns? I've been doing Internet searches (I'm typically pretty good at them - I'm an IT guy so I typically live on search engines) and if I put King Carl in there, I get returns about how King Carl of Copenhagen is not letting his children out (probably wise), and it seems that Slipmaster went out of business. 

I'm planning on tearing it way down anyway, but wiring information would be nice. 

Any directional pointing would be nice! :)  I'm happy to do research, but fruitless ones are frustrating!

Thanks and Cheers!

Mike (SoCalBoomer)

55 minutes ago, SoCalBoomer said:

Hi all

Yes - first post. Sorry to be asking right away but I've not been able to find anything on this.

My wife found and purchased a Slipmaster King Carl kiln with a KilnSitter on it. It's not in bad shape - will have to replace some bricks and all of the coils. 

I wondered if anyone had any place to get info on these kilns? I've been doing Internet searches (I'm typically pretty good at them - I'm an IT guy so I typically live on search engines) and if I put King Carl in there, I get returns about how King Carl of Copenhagen is not letting his children out (probably wise), and it seems that Slipmaster went out of business. 

I'm planning on tearing it way down anyway, but wiring information would be nice. 

Any directional pointing would be nice! :)  I'm happy to do research, but fruitless ones are frustrating!

Thanks and Cheers!

Mike (SoCalBoomer)

Call Euclids. Since you are internet savvy https://www.euclids.com/ for elements

Edited by Bill Kielb

IT guy I'm not a It guy just a potter who has been around (potter nor-cal boomer) 

That kiln I think was made by 

slipmaster sugar creek industries

put that in your search engine and you will see that make/made slip equipment for many decades. They would know that kiln inside out-Now as to Karl King he lives in  Copenhagen and is not letting his kilns run free.

I am old enough to know about sugar creek as I like cookies back in the day and also bought a few things from them back when nets where made for catching fish not surfing with.

Hope this fairy tale ends well for all -cowabunga

oh ya welcome aboard matey hope this info helps ye

thar she blows and blow the man down

Edited by Mark C.

• 1 year later...

I also have an inherited Good Kiln/ Slipmaster - King Carl kiln manufactured by Sugar Creek Industries, Inc.  I am looking for a manual for this kiln.  I have searched online with no success.  Does anyone have one or know a good resource for located one?  Thanks so much!

• 6 months later...
59 minutes ago, Bear Ceramics said:

I have a manual for the slipmaster kiln.

Hi @Bear Ceramics and welcome to the forum.

@CrystenC hasn't been on the forum since posting her question about the manual for the Slipmaster kiln. If you click on her avatar it will take you to her page where there will be a little envelope at the top. Click on that and you can send her a pm, she will get an email letting her know she has a message. Very helpful of you to share the info.