Partial Results from Clear Glaze Finish on Tiles @ 06

I low fired my first batch of tiles yesterday only to find out today that most of each tile had a gloss shiny finish but various areas of the tile seemed like it was still like bisque in look and feel. I was thinking I either... 

1. did not put enough clear coat on the tiles (only applied 1 heavy coat) of Amaco Transparent Clear on the bisque colored items and the tiles certainly looked like chalky when dry...So I assumed it was enough clear glaze....

or maybe

2. I set the kiln timer to 6 hrs. and it turned off not fully heating the glazed tiles all the way... thus only each tile was partially finish glazed..

If anyone can provide any input I would be so thankful. Additionally, The colored tiles that have been fired and partially finish glazed...Can I apply more glaze and fire again to fully glaze the tile and save the work. Thank so much....  dante.rushmyorder@gmail.com 

Diid you have coloured slip on tiles?

Are you brushing glaze on. Best to apply 2-3 coats from different directions.

Lay on as opposed to brush on..

A picture would help with possible reasons.

Some colours need a bit of frit added..

Pic essential really

did you read the instructions on the amaco clear glaze?   why did you set a timer?   what instruction have you had in firing pottery?

if you can provide more information on the kiln you might find out more answers to your questions.

Hi Dante!

How are you measuring temperature and heat work (time and temperature) - are you using witness cones? Seeing any variation in results associated with position in the kiln? What clay(s) are you using?

Archived