Glyde Torc GT Kit Wiring?

Hello everyone. First post here. My daughter received as a gift from her high school pottery teacher, a kit type wheel. It has a homemade wood frame with a Glyde Torc GT Kit controller. I know nothing about these things. It needs some help. I am assuming there is a reversal switch and the foot pedal adjusts the wheels RPM's. There is a "capacitor?" that is not connected I am assuming this is what controls the speed.

I would love to see a diagram of how all connections are made. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome pilgrim

I googled your kit and came up with zero results .

This sounds completely home made-maybe talk to high school teacher 

You coukld talk to the glyde torc folks as well but if its homemade you may be on your own.

some photos would help maybe as well

Try search string Laguna Pacifica Glyde Torc - looks like there's a GT-400 and GT-800 model

GT == Glyde Torc seems likely

Here's a .pdf http://www.lagunaclay.com/support/pdf/Pacifica_Manual_2015.pdf

...nearby there's a troubleshooting guide; I'm not finding a wiring diagram.

You might have the replacement pedal, here: https://www.axner.com/pacifica-magic-pedal-conversion-kit.aspx 

^ yep

It looks like a Laguna product.

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions. My daughter and I spent a few hours working on the wheel yesterday afternoon and were ultimately successful in bringing it back to life. It appears that at one time (1970's? slotted wood screws used in frame) you may have been able to purchase a kit that included the control box, pedal, motor, wheel and a "capacitor?". You were on your own to build the frame / table where perhaps plans were included?

The connection to the control box was slightly damaged and would not connect properly and the "capacitor" was not wired in and in fact did not have any wires present. By the time we finished, the wheel was responding properly to the pedal (variable speed functioning) and the connection at the controller is secure.

I ordered a batt, pins and a two piece splash pan that fits the Laguna Pacifica 400 - 800 as the wheel must be removed by allen screws that would be obscured by a one piece splash pan we were going to attempt making.

My daughter is JAZZED and so am I that we were able to bring to life a wheel that had been sitting in a storage room for years because it "did not work".

IMG_5325.JPG

• 1 year later...
On 5/28/2019 at 6:05 AM, Pilgrim said:

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions. My daughter and I spent a few hours working on the wheel yesterday afternoon and were ultimately successful in bringing it back to life. It appears that at one time (1970's? slotted wood screws used in frame) you may have been able to purchase a kit that included the control box, pedal, motor, wheel and a "capacitor?". You were on your own to build the frame / table where perhaps plans were included?

The connection to the control box was slightly damaged and would not connect properly and the "capacitor" was not wired in and in fact did not have any wires present. By the time we finished, the wheel was responding properly to the pedal (variable speed functioning) and the connection at the controller is secure.

I ordered a batt, pins and a two piece splash pan that fits the Laguna Pacifica 400 - 800 as the wheel must be removed by allen screws that would be obscured by a one piece splash pan we were going to attempt making.

My daughter is JAZZED and so am I that we were able to bring to life a wheel that had been sitting in a storage room for years because it "did not work".

IMG_5325.JPG

1 hour ago, Cpaulausky said:

I am refurbishing an old GT400 wheel and need advice with the capacitor wiring. The terminals on the cap are labeled (+\-), but the connections on the Glyde Torc controller are not (2 yellow wires at lower right). 
Any thoughts on which wire goes where?

5FC68D2B-9138-4A45-9A4F-A98F211BF731.jpeg

If you can detect which wire goes to the positive side of the rectifier then that will connect to positive. Other way is one of these will be connected to a ground buss around the circuit. If you can figure that out then that will be the negative lead. A better picture of where these yellow wires go exactly and the surrounding components might yield a pretty accurate guess.

On 6/28/2020 at 12:46 PM, Bill Kielb said:

If you can detect which wire goes to the positive side of the rectifier then that will connect to positive. Other way is one of these will be connected to a ground buss around the circuit. If you can figure that out then that will be the negative lead. A better picture of where these yellow wires go exactly and the surrounding components might yield a pretty accurate guess.

Thanks, Bill.  I’ll check that out.   I’m also in contact with the folks at Seattle Pottery.  

Archived