Amaco Potters Choice

Tess H

12 hours ago, LeeU said:

I single-fire PC all the time--always get great results (same with Coyote).  I usually program for slow-glaze.  Just FYI, there is a Facebook Group for these glazes-often helpful & lots of photos of people's work. https://www.facebook.com/groups/potterschoiceex/

Hey Lee,,, don't you find it scary handling the greenware so much while glazing? What % of pieces do you break in the process? Are you dipping or brushing?

In 3 years of spraying on greenware, I finally broke a piece 2 weeks ago. Had finished spraying a bowl then instead of cradling the bowl with both hands, I grabbed the rim to pick it up and the rim snapped off in a chunk in my hands.

It is true "Haste makes waste".

10 hours ago, JohnnyK said:

Hey Lee,,, don't you find it scary handling the greenware so much while glazing? What % of pieces do you break in the process? Are you dipping or brushing?

Not really--I am pretty careful.  Once I have done what needs to be done, I'm good at leaving things alone until time to load.  I brush (usually 3 x and let each layer dry between coats, applied in different directions) or drip it on thick 1-2x (a style thing) using a ladle. Best guess for breakage might be 5% or less,  usually because I drop something or turn too fast and hit a shelf edge, that kind of thing.  Keep in mind I do low volume and tend to make fairly small pieces! 

Archived