How do YOU speed up the clay-drying process?

Sometimes, when the humidity is high for several days, I would like to help the clay-drying process along.  I don't mean to the point of bone-dry,  only leather hard.  Are any of you  speed-drying any of your pots/mugs or their components (lids, handles). If so, how are  you doing it , and how fast are you doing it?  I'm pretty sure that too much, too fast ,  would cause warping and/or cracking.  Toying with the idea of making a small heat tunnel for handles and lids. Put  some lids and handles in,  15-30 minutes later, stiff enough to trim or  attach.  I don't know if this is realistic, but if it would work, I'd be on it in a light-second. It's not that I'm in that much of a hurry.  It's that if I have to wait for between 2 hours and "overnight", for pieces to get leather hard,"just right",  I'll find myself immersed in some other project, and I'll blow my window of opportunity.  Good time management habits were left out of my tool pouch. Distractions were not.  

I often speed dry items-I use the sun in summer(outside) and the heater in winter(different heat levels in studio depending on shelve heights)

I do this more often than not doing it.The sun is powerful drying tool and its free.

Learning the right time and being patient to catch that right time  to handle or trim is a skill often overlooked in ceramics.

I have a wet box and a dry box.  They're just plastic Costco totes with a bag of plaster mixed up and poured into the bottom.  I can keep things leather hard for months in the wet box or dry out bowls with thicker feet more evenly or slurp up moisture in my dry box.  The only issue is that the dry box only helps if the humidity is already low, once it's full of water it needs to dry out like anything else.

A fan.  A small one clipped to the drying shelf when I want to dry out a load I have doubts about. Also  box fan I move around as needed. 

I set things with bottoms that dry out slowly on top of recycled flooring tiles turned upside-down. These line a big metal shelf unit I have. Right side up, they make the bottoms of things set on them dry more slowly. 

Archived