Any potters with PRC wrist surgery out there?

Hope the shot buys you some time, good luck!

Maybe layoff the pottery for a bit and go on some dives instead. Maybe a dive shop instead of car sales though fir that next life. You don't strike me as the new car type so it might be a tough living for you doing that. Bet you could move a new pair of tanks though. 

The car thing was a joke-I'm not slimy enough -just thgoiught about the pointing with fingers as the tough part of job and how easy on hand that would be.

Dive shops are going away at a rapid clip-not to motivated on that idea .New divers are a pain in the neck as well.

I have two commporessors and rarely use a dive shop-only if traveling away.

Denice,  While you are deciding what to do  with your hand, Here is something that can make your hand less sore in the morning.  We tend to curl our fingers while we sleep.To avoid this make a little cloth bag  and stuff it with soft foam or other filler so that it is just the size  where your fingers feel like they are in a neutral position.  Put this soft ball in your hand when you are about to go to sleep and pull a sock over it.  Your hand won't go into that clenched fist over night.  The sock keeps the ball in place. Cheap trick.  It might work for you .  Lin

On 5/25/2020 at 7:52 AM, Denice said:

Kansas City is about a 2 hour drive from Wichita when and if I decide to have another go at getting it fixed I will try to get a referral.   Denice

Do your research on who is the top notch hand surgeon in that area (KC) and go get a thourough work up (X-rays) and consolation 1st. 

If you are like us we live in an isolated medical community.Hand surgery is done by lesser experts with poor outcomes.You need to go to where this is done every week-like a teaching institution  or a very highly rated private practice.

I would suggest two surgeons (thats what I alway do (my trips take 12 hour drives per trip) so a 4 hour is no big deal twice. Ask about prodecures-differences-otcomes -recoverey times etc-same questions to eack person .Then read up on the exact procedures. Then pick the surgeon with the tecnique you like the most. Thats assuming they all are 5 star surgeons .Check out thier ratings as well online.

You only have the one chance to get it right as second time around surgerys are far lesser outcomes

• 4 weeks later...

Marc I had decide to live with my right hand for now,  my MS is messing with my left hand.   It is numb about a third of the day,  a common problem with MS,  you loose your ability to carry or hold things.   I am hoping this is just a relapse,  I had one finger with arthritis in this hand it doesn't hurt  at all now.  I would rather have the pain and full use of my hand.     Denice

Archived