Need Help Pricing A Sitter Kiln Model Lt-3K

larro11

• 1 month later...

Hello.

I am looking to help my FIL sell 2 kilns along with a large inventory of molds, green ware, and bisques.  Can anyone please assist with market value and how to best unload his inventory?  I would estimate he has the equivalent of 1 car garage worth.  

Edited by Spetricca
Add pictures

20 minutes ago, Spetricca said:

Hello.

I am looking to help my FIL sell 2 kilns along with a large inventory of molds, green ware, and bisques.  Can anyone please assist with market value and how to best unload his inventory?  I would estimate he has the equivalent of 1 car garage worth.  

Evenheat 5320xl 

serial 37758

Model LT-3k
https://piccollage.com/_joW23r37

https://piccollage.com/_joW23r37

Edited by Spetricca

4 hours ago, Spetricca said:

For the kilns, it all depends on condition. If the bricks are good then you can easily get $500 on up. The market for used kilns is very good right now. You can list them in the Marketplace here on the forum, or Craigslist, or I think there is still a Facebook page for selling pottery equipment. Include good pictures, including the serial plate and the interior of the kiln.

The molds will be more difficult to sell. There's not much demand for them any more, especially for an entire load like that. If you want to spend the time to catalog them and list them there may be rare molds in there that people are interested in. But if you just want to unload the entire batch, that may not happen. 

• 2 months later...

I just moved into a community that has a Sitter Kiln Model Lt-3K.  I dont think this has been used for a very long time.  Does anyone have an idea about how to try and start this machine and then what to do to see how hot it gets. I remember there were cones that you could put in that would bend or melt at certain temperatures.  Any advise or suggestions would be great. 

3 minutes ago, JoJoDolphin said:

I just moved into a community that has a Sitter Kiln Model Lt-3K.  I dont think this has been used for a very long time.  Does anyone have an idea about how to try and start this machine and then what to do to see how hot it gets. I remember there were cones that you could put in that would bend or melt at certain temperatures.  Any advise or suggestions would be great. 

Lt-3K is the model of the Kiln Sitter shutoff device, not the kiln itself. The kiln model should be listed on the serial plate on the side of the kiln. In general, one hour with the switches on low, 1 hour on medium, then high till the Sitter shuts it off. SITTER MANUAL HERE

• 3 months later...

please read from he first post on january 23, 2017.  the question has been answered and you can find the info you seek if you just read the entire thread.  it is very frustrating to find people still calling old kilns "Sitter" kilns.  

Edited by oldlady