Gallery Uploads

Hi everyone,

I've just been uploading images from my year of pottery. Some of the images uploaded upside down. The original were the right way up! When I look at the galley they are upside down but the individual images have been rotated to the way up.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks and enjoy the rest of your Sunday

Andrea, all of your gallery pics look right-side-up to me too.

I recently had some photos that had been emailed to me by a customer, taken by her smartphone. When I uploaded them to a post here, they appeared sideways to me (not sure how they looked to everyone else). I fixed the problem by opening the photos in a photo editing software (I used photoshop, but there are others) and saving them with a new name. The orientation is part of the data assigned to the image by your camera or smartphone. Saving them into a new file with a different name seems to wipe out that data. After I did this, I uploaded them again, and had no more problems with the orientation.

The best solution I have found that does not require extra software opening is when you click review and publish there is a rotate button under each image. Rotate it to the right orientation then click publish and ignore any that still look upside down. There is just a slight internet delay in showing you the updated one.

Archived