Contaminated

I pretty sure I have contamined my ^6 white glaze with specks of granular manganese or Speckled Buff.  Can I seive a glaze to remove contaminants like clay particles? Perhaps.. hoping.. 

Also. When using my white glaze on my ^6 stoneware, does anyone ever have a light green haze? Not like a copper carbonate painting haze but a tinge of light green that turns the bright white glaze into off-white. 

Thank You

Do you mean the powder to sieve? Of course you ca do it. If the spots are big enough you´ll be successful. Although -maybe it´s getting interesting if you leave it so or is it too much?

The problem with white getting green shined, yes I nknow that, too. Sometimes it happens on clay wich is colored like sand. Don´t know how it is called in english, we call it creme in german. or lederfarben. liek leather.

Then sometimes I have a light shine of green or yellow.

If I heat up the oven, push the temparture higher, then it´s gettin better. But the flood is horrable.... :wacko:

Adding cobalt carbonate is a way to "fix" a glaze bucket by making it blue instead of clear/white/other light color. About 1% should turn it a pleasant shade of blue. Cobalt oxide (0.2-1%) will make it a speckled blue which is pretty nice if the original recipe was white.

It is very unlikely you could sieve out an ingredient. The process will just mix everything in so the color is smooth instead of speckled. Rocks, bits of bisque and debris will be all that stays on the other side of the screen.

Archived