The Art Spirit Adventures

So, my wonderful fella and I decided to go gallery hopping a bit for our Valentine's Day stuff. We decided to go and visit The Art Spirit in Coeur D'Alene, ID (I have mentioned this gallery being interested in having some of my work before), and OMG. It was SUCH a feast for the eyes!! My Beth Cavener had a GORGEOUS blue infant rabbit wall piece on the wall that measured about two feet. The featured artist, Chris Riccardo, had some AMAZING sculpture work that was really humorous and lewd. Absolutely GREAT. This dude did everything from the Holy Virgin to demented My Little Ponies. I also saw some really delicate pinch work and beautiful soda and wood fired porcelain sculptures from other artists. Not a lot of pottery this time around...but, with hard work and a whole lot of neurotic attentiveness, I hope to change that. :3

I am blissfully happy to report that the people working in the gallery saw the bisque photo I posted here of my work and went totally nuts. The ladies there just loved my rabbits and really want me to get some work done that is NOT already sold (haha). Man...lots of pressure. I really want to make truly special work for this place, and well, you guys know how insecure I am. I want to incorporate my talavera roots with my illustrative imagery to try and create something SOMEWHAT original...

GAH

But, yeah! What a great day. Glad I got to take a break and spent it with mah honey duder. YES, I TOOK A BREAK. ALL DAY. (Though, I did glaze for almost 13 hours straight, and I'm soooooo tired...AND NOT DONE...hnnnghhhh...)

What a rush it must be to see a gallery with work you live so much wanting to sell your stuff. If you are going to be producing for them, you will have to learn how to pace yourself, so that you can keep working with less wear and tear on the potter. Sometimes, the best thing you can say as an artist is "no".

I bet that your stuff will sell very well, and for very nice prices!

thanks guinea,  it is a beautiful space, i love the layout of the gallery itself. the stairway is built so ergonomically even i could climb it.

two of the huge floorpots should interest biglou and john because of the inclusions.  

your work will be the talk of the town when it gets there.

Archived