5 replies to this topic

#1 Anatoosh

Anatoosh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationAgoura,CA

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:00 PM

Hi Im looking for some suggestions  :My wheel is running;however,when i press on the bat,the top bat and head stops though the motor is running on.this is new and sad :((Any Suggestions??

Thanks

#2 Steven Branfman

Steven Branfman

• Moderators
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNeedham, MA

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:25 PM

Hi Anatoosh,,,it's very difficult to diagnose an equipment problem long distance. However, from your description it sounds like the belt that drives the wheel head is slipping. This is something that you may be able to adjust yourself. I suggest calling the supplier from whom you bought it and have them help you.

Steven

Steven Branfman
Founding Board Member
Chair, Potters Council Advisory Board
Sbranfpots@aol.com
www.ThePottersShop.com/steven-branfman

#3 Mark C.

Mark C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • LocationNear Arcata Ca-redwood rain forest

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:35 PM

Sounds like a slipping belt as noted above-Take a look on what would tighten it as far as an adjustment.

Mark

Mark Cortright
www.liscomhillpottery.com

#4 Brian Reed

Brian Reed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:39 PM

The Pacifica wheel has 4 belts that all need to be there in order to run properly.  I would assume that there may only be one belt left.  take the bottom cover off and see what is there.  You need to take the one belt off and measure because there are two different sizes of belts for reorder. 

If it just an adjustment that is simple on that wheel, there is a plate that the motor is mounted to that has two threaded rods with adjustment nuts.

Good luck.

Brian Reed

Throwing down in Washington State

http://www.reedpottery.com

Northwest Clay Club

#5 wheeltinker

wheeltinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:32 AM

Does the wheel stop entirely or slow down in relation to the pressure on the bat?

#6 timbo_heff

timbo_heff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationMA / NY

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:40 AM

The Pacifica wheel has 4 belts that all need to be there in order to run properly.  I would assume that there may only be one belt left.  take the bottom cover off and see what is there.  You need to take the one belt off and measure because there are two different sizes of belts for reorder. 

If it just an adjustment that is simple on that wheel, there is a plate that the motor is mounted to that has two threaded rods with adjustment nuts.

Yep:

Take them off and measure: if they are anything less than 50 inches then order the 42" ones , if over 50 then order the 50".

If they are 49.5" they still would be the 42 that have stretched:  they cannot shrink.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users