Troubleshooting Pacifica Wheel

Anatoosh

Hi Anatoosh,,,it's very difficult to diagnose an equipment problem long distance. However, from your description it sounds like the belt that drives the wheel head is slipping. This is something that you may be able to adjust yourself. I suggest calling the supplier from whom you bought it and have them help you.

Steven

The Pacifica wheel has 4 belts that all need to be there in order to run properly.  I would assume that there may only be one belt left.  take the bottom cover off and see what is there.  You need to take the one belt off and measure because there are two different sizes of belts for reorder. 

If it just an adjustment that is simple on that wheel, there is a plate that the motor is mounted to that has two threaded rods with adjustment nuts.

Good luck.

The Pacifica wheel has 4 belts that all need to be there in order to run properly.  I would assume that there may only be one belt left.  take the bottom cover off and see what is there.  You need to take the one belt off and measure because there are two different sizes of belts for reorder. 

If it just an adjustment that is simple on that wheel, there is a plate that the motor is mounted to that has two threaded rods with adjustment nuts.

Yep:

Take them off and measure: if they are anything less than 50 inches then order the 42" ones , if over 50 then order the 50".

If they are 49.5" they still would be the 42 that have stretched:  they cannot shrink.

• 1 year later...

Two of my four Pacifica 400 belts have broken so I'm going to replace all 4.  I've been online checking on how to do it and it seems that there are two different sized belts for the same Pacifica 400 model.  All advice says to measure the belts to be replaced in order to know which size to buy.  However, nowhere is there advice or instructions on how to measure the belts.  Do you measure the length of the broken belts?  Do you measure the belts when folded in half as they are on the pulleys?  Exactly how does one go about measuring the belt?  It may seem to be a simple task but I'm stumped since no matter how I measure my belts, none of the measurements match the two options offered.

Anatoosh if your wheel is new the dealer should really be expected to help you solve the problem.  But, if you can't get help from them call Laguna (800 452-4862) and if possible speak to Sergio at Extension 207.  When one of the belts on my Pacifica broke I was advised to replace all 4, I talked to Sergio who was a tremendous help.  A wonderful old guy (almost as old as me) who assured me that I could certainly replace them myself and when I drove to Laguna (Califormia) to pick up the replacement belts he had even set up a little demo in the warehouse, showing me how to do it - from removing the remaining old belts to replacing with the new ones.  I hope Laguna realizes what a treasure Sergio is he really knows his business and would, I'm sure, diagnose your problem and tell you how to fix it. 

Archived