Would You Rather Be Making A Pot To Cook In Or Cooking In A Pot That You Or Someone Else Made? | July 24, 2013

Many potters I know are cooks. Would you rather be making a pot to cook or in or cooking in a pot that you or someone else made?  Is there a particular pot that you like to cook in?  Why?  While I like to make cooking and serving pots, I really like to use other people's pots.  It's nice to think about the person that made the pot, even if I don't know them.  I have a tagine from Morocco that I love to cook tagines and stews in.  I don't know who made it, but I love that I am using a pot that is so common in a culture different from mine.  Also, I love to make stews and such in colder weather.  There is something so homey about making a delicious tagine or stew when it's cold outside, and knowing that people all over the world feel the same way. 

I would rather make the post and eat the food as cooking is not my top enjoy item. Maybe when June Cleaver is done at old ladys place you can send her over. I hate to shop as well. Unless its tools cameras or dive gear.

Mark

I like to makes pots far more than sell them. I like to create glazes more than glaze pots. I like to cook & taste more that sit down & eat.

I would love to make a bread baking wood fired oven but I doubt  would ever fire it.

I like pans instead of pots but love to cook seafood & meat.

Interesting question.

If you have ever watched the cooking channel as I have, you have seen a Englist fellow Jammie somebody with abit of a lisp that had a cooking show.

He used a beehive outdoor wood oven that looks like the best oven I've seen. Heat it to 700 deg f + and anything cooks beautifully in just minutes , except when it rains.

Wyndham

Archived