21 replies to this topic

#21 Seasoned Warrior

Seasoned Warrior

Businessman - Potter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:44 PM

L&L and Skutt Ihave a coujple of each, none better! I have used L&L and Skutt for over 40 years.

#22 monkarcher

monkarcher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationLancaster, California

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:21 PM

Just an update - first let me say thanks for all the good information - that being said, I have fallen into potter's heaven. Through a lucky (for me) call from a friend, I have come in contact with a studio that has six - count 'em - six Skutt 10 cubic foot cone 8 manuel electric kilns and one 16 cubic foot gas kiln along with a knowledgeable potter in charge that was very happy to see me walk through the doors. I have already participated in my first bisque firing of my own pieces and will soon have my first glaze firing and will be learning to fire the gas kiln in early September. Also in this studio are throwing wheels, spray booths, molds and mold making paraphanalia and the means to make both personal glazes and clay bodies. And all at prices that are to low to even mention here. Before everyone wants to know where it is I have to say that it is on an Air Force base here locally but all those who have the base access, all are welcome. Look forward to my continuing adventures in mud and sharing the same with all of you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users