Shoulder Tendonitis/Bursitis

I've been treating my bursitis with ginger and tumeric - plenty of curries! It's helped a lot as pain is not so frequent now.

Oh the injuries of getting older! In June I was doing my chin ups, and something ripped. Needless to say several weeks later and many PT sessions I am doing better, but the herniated disk is still there, but I will be returning to the shop-after my thumb heals from the being reacquainted to why I hate hammers and nails while building a kayak rack. The left thumb is pretty messed up. Hope to get in to the shop next week as my clay shipment has arrived and I have orders.

Pres

Heres a tip I learned the hard way

One thing I have found is hammer and nails are now replaced with screws and cordless screw gun-its a lot easier on one than the hammer deal

As one who lives and dies with hand injuries I found this out long ago

I just ordered a new tablesaw and It has all the new safety features and push sticks as we all need our fingers attached and in working shape.

Mark

One thing I have found is hammer and nails are now replaced with screws and cordless screw gun-its a lot easier on one than the hammer deal

You've got that one right. I built a shed a couple of years ago, for our lawn stuff. I used a hammer on much of it and a weekend of building did a number on the tendons in my arm. Now I use a nail gun or a drill/driver.

Joel.

Ack, I just remembered; there is a diclofinac gell called Voltaren that you can use if your stomach can't handle the pill

I've also used this - works wonderful if you can afford it.

Seems like your getting a lot of good advice. I have suffered from the shoulder thing. I was working as a seamstress on sails, 100lb +. I now have arthritis, but not in the shoulder. I would just add, rest, alternate heat and ice and see physical therapist. Another very important thing: If you can take a NSAI such as Ibuprofen, you should take it countinously for about two weeks. Swelling prevents healing. Even after it stops hurting continue the Ibuprofen for awhile to give the joint a chance to continue healing. I learned this the hard way.

Pres

Heres a tip I learned the hard way

I just ordered a new tablesaw and It has all the new safety features and push sticks as we all need our fingers attached and in working shape.

Mark

Most of the yak rack was built with screws, One are really needed longer nails-I even predrilled the nail holes. That said-I'll never be a carpenter.

• 3 months later...

Surely, some of you all suffer from the same issues. Does anyone know any exercises that can help reduce stress on that joint? I'd rather not grow reliant on Advil. I don't like to take meds if I don't have to, and would prefer a more proactive route to helping with this.

Suggestions?

First, find a great orthopedist. I have one and it has made a world of difference for me. You certainly do NOT need surgery if you just have bursitis. A well placed shot of cortisone and physical therapy will do the trick. The trick is to find a great doc. Mine works on the Portland Ballet troupe and a few sports teams. His shots are painless! I can't say the same for other ninnies I have seen. Good luck, do your pt and find an orthopedist that isn't a surgeon!

Actually, you might need surgery. I had to have surgery for bursitis for my shoulder and I am only 16. There is certainly a chance that you might need surgery. Just find a good ortopedist and they will tell you if you need it or not. But there is always a chance.

Hi, I had a similar problem, severe shoulder pain,i was diagnosed with a rotator cuff injury. I am a massage therapist, and found it was too deep inside for me to be able to reach / massage. The exersizes my Physiotherapist gave me were unbearable as I could not lift my arm above chest hight. After sleepless nights, and painful days, i was at the end of my tether. I was like a zombie for 6 months. The Physiotherapist said there was not much else that could be done except surgery. I asked if he had a machine that could send deep sonic pulses into where the pain was. We tried this and after the 1st session i slept the night, after 8 sessions I was PAIN FREE and have been for over 12 months now. So please dont have surgery, ask if there is a machine with sonic / sound

waves and give it a go. Hope this helps you xx Painfree Angi.

Archived