Wrapping With Guitar Strings Before Firing

I am having a friend save me some guitar strings to experiment with firing a piece that is wrapped with them to see what kind of effect the melting/burning of the strings has on the clay and glaze. I swear I have heard of this being done before, but I am struggling to find anything on it via Google. Has anyone experimented with guitar strings in their firings before? I'm wondering if I'm wasting my time or if it could have some cool results. Thanks in advance!

I think 'wrapping' techniques are most successful in low fire, non-functional or primitive firing techniques- pits, saggars, raku, etc. I'm not saying that you couldn't get something interesting to happen with cone 6 glaze wrapped with stuff, but it'll take a lot of work to figure out how to not make it look like a just cone 6 pot wrapped with stuff.

my mentors emphasized (and my experience has confirmed) that the Neil's statement "it'll take a lot of work to figure out how to not make it look like a just cone 6 pot wrapped with stuff"  is true for all firing ranges.  A lot of the ware produced in Raku, sagger, primitive, wood, cone 6, etc. firings look exactly like it had 'stuff' on it without a plan. 

Only few unplanned pots come out with a WOW label. And since they were unplanned, a repeat is unlikely.

LT

Archived