Vee Gum For Bentonite

Biglou13

Not yet mixed

Waiting to hear from others that have used it

I wanted maccaloid or white bentonite and they wouldn't sell it to me (highwater Florida) even though they had it in stock?

Digi fire has info on it ..... But waiting to hear back or find more info

That's strange that wouldn't sell it to you! I hope it's not hard to get, I've been considering trying to find a supplier that would ship it to me here in Australia. Annoyingly no one sells veegum or macaloid here. The whitest firing plastic clay we have (that I can get in Melbourne at least) is clay ceram, a different name for Tennessee ball clay, I believe.

I love Vee Gum in bodies. Stick with the bentonite if you're not worried about pure whiteness since it's cheaper. But if you need white VG is great. I used to mix a grolleg porcelain with it. If I remember right, the 2-3% in the body made up about 25% of the cost! Blunge it really well in water before adding it to the mixer. Wouldn't hurt to soak it overnight then hit it with the drill mixer for as long as you can stand it. In my porcelain it made it a slight yellowish color before firing.

whats the difference with vee gum t   and vee gum cer.   i think i have the T.     highwater has vee gum at $7.50 a pound    the grolleg is pricy at almost $1   a pound  maybe its cheaper now.   do you have any notes on clay body  im going on val cushing recipes.   and yes im trying to knock off helios.  i havent gotten my hands on C&C yet.  

i found it odd that they had it in stock and wouldnt sell it.  they employees were told its no longer in their system/ electronic inventory.  i asked can we call north carolina office and make arragmenents for me to buy white bentonite  they said no.  i suppose highwater is doing good enough that they dont need my money. i offered to pay more than what was listed on other sites to buy it.... refused.     I wonder why im on the "no buy list"  its beyond me how a business refuses money.

whats the difference with vee gum t   and vee gum cer.   i think i have the T.     highwater has vee gum at $7.50 a pound    the grolleg is pricy at almost $1   a pound  maybe its cheaper now.   do you have any notes on clay body  im going on val cushing recipes.   and yes im trying to knock off helios.  i havent gotten my hands on C&C yet.  

i found it odd that they had it in stock and wouldnt sell it.  they employees were told its no longer in their system/ electronic inventory.  i asked can we call north carolina office and make arragmenents for me to buy white bentonite  they said no.  i suppose highwater is doing good enough that they dont need my money. i offered to pay more than what was listed on other sites to buy it.... refused.     I wonder why im on the "no buy list"  its beyond me how a business refuses money.

No t on the system, doesn't exist.

Happened to a healthy old codger here, had to convince local medicos that he wasn't an alien, never been to a doctor for anything in 75 years, needed a doc sign. to keep driving.

Archived