Firing cone 6 in Paragon SNF24 kiln??

Hello everyone. I am an intermediate potter and I usually fire my things at the studio. The kiln at the studio fires up to cone 10 , but I usually stick to cone  6. 

I am in the process of searching for my own kiln and I came across a paragon SNF24 for 700 bucks. It seems like a really good deal but it looks like the max temperature is  2300 F. I know that cone 6 usually reaches 2232 so I’m wondering if this would be a good investment for me or should I just stick to finding a kiln that reaches cone 10? 

I read online that if you want to fire mid range, you should get a kiln that can reach cone 10 even if you don’t plan on using it to that temperature because the elements can wear out faster. but I feel like I’m seeing mixed responses so I just wanted any kind of insight or opinions on whether or not I should get this kiln if I fire to cone 6. Thanks! 

Edited by Earth Bender

Kilns rated to 2300F are cone 8 kilns. It'll get you to cone 6, but your element life will not be as good as a cone 10 kiln. You'll likely get 70-80 firings from a set of elements instead of 130-150. The elements just can't wear as much before they're too worn to do the job. If you're only doing a bisque and glaze once a month that's probably not a big deal. If you're firing weekly, the added cost of elements will add up quickly. Also, look up what new elements for the kiln will cost. The price can vary greatly among Paragon kilns.

19 hours ago, neilestrick said:

Kilns rated to 2300F are cone 8 kilns. It'll get you to cone 6, but your element life will not be as good as a cone 10 kiln. You'll likely get 70-80 firings from a set of elements instead of 130-150. The elements just can't wear as much before they're too worn to do the job. If you're only doing a bisque and glaze once a month that's probably not a big deal. If you're firing weekly, the added cost of elements will add up quickly. Also, look up what new elements for the kiln will cost. The price can vary greatly among Paragon kilns.

Thank you so much!!