How to use this kiln

1 minute ago, Bill Kielb said:

Looks good - do you fire or just learning to? What cone do you fire or hope to? The Evenheat manual Is probably available online, might be a good place to start. Study a bit before firing …….. stay safe.

I’m just learning right now! I’m hoping to fire to cone 6 if that’s possible! 

The 2280 on the side of the kiln likely means it is rated cone 8. Folks who fire to cone 6 generally buy a cone 10 rated kiln. The higher rating simply gets them more firings on a set of elements than a lesser rated kiln. Your kiln with new elements ought to get you cone 6 firings, not as many as cone 10 rated but a fair amount.

You have a manual kiln, great for learning! If you search the web you likely will find helpful information on manual kilns. Here is a YouTube video I spotted for firing a manual Evenheat kiln. https://youtu.be/AFI5zYdRJ8E?feature=shared

I'm seeing Evenheat model 1210 described thus (where the volts, amps, and watts values line up):

"The RM II 1210 is the ultimate personal ceramic studio design. The RM II 1210 is designed to fire china paints and clay materials up to 1800°F (982°C), cone 07 on a daily basis."

Note, the 2280 value stamped on the depicted plate is labelled "watts"...
...looks like the low fire model there SierraRed18!

The 1210B  Evenheat model, however, is 240v, 3120 watts, rated cone 10, 2350°F ("High Fire")

Edited by Hulk
clarify, more clarify, grams

Since there is a high fire model of this kiln available, you may be able to retrofit it to use those elements so you can fire at cone 10. At minimum it will require new elements and a new power cord. Wiring inside the kiln may or may not need to be changed, too. Talk to Evenheat about what's needed, and what the electrical service requirements will be. Otherwise you've got a low fire kiln there that won't be of much use at all unless you're doing China paints.