Blistering? Need advice

Advice needed please
I unloaded the kiln and so happy with the glaze combos but I’ve noticed what I believe to be blistering on a few of them, different glazes as well. 
Glaze fired over 12.5 hours, I have a manual kiln with a kiln sitter and have fired quite a few times now and haven’t had this problem. Some of the glazes I’ve used before and have been fine with same application and same firing schedule. Could this be more of an element problem? 
Bisque fired to cone 04. Would having a bung added make things worse on a bisque? 
Any help would be amazing, thank you.

IMG_9822.jpeg

A few questions here:

• Are all of the pots in the firing blistered as the one the picture shows all of?
  • Is the pink glaze one that you have been using before?
  • Is the blistering limited to the top third of the pot?
  • Do you use a manual hold of any sort toward the end of your firing?

Presently my best estimation is gassing, as the pots do not seem to have allowed glaze gasses to escape. wiring the setter up, but cutting back on the power a bit to hold the temp may allow for the glaze to smooth up. I also wonder about the number of coats of glaze as the bottom of the piece looks normal for a gunmetal.

Others may have other ideas that may help you out, but this is . .  IMHO

best,

Pres

Hi Pres,

This pot was the worst of the blistering. Not all of them were all the way round the pot. Some had only a couple blisters but were larger. Others were similar sized blisters. I used the pink glaze once before and had no issues. It’s also on different glazes to the pink. 

Also have the pink on a couple other pots that didn’t blister in the same fire. 

The blistering on this pot is only on the top. The others have blistered on the sides closer to the bottom of the pots (same shelf).

I don’t have a manual hold as I’m not usually there when the pots are being fired. It’s a manual kiln sitter so I believe I have to be there to do the hold. 

The coats of glaze I’ve done as per the label on the pots.

19 hours ago, StudioClover said:

Glaze fired over 12.5 hours, I have a manual kiln with a kiln sitter and have fired quite a few times now and haven’t had this problem.

What cone are you glaze firing to? How long did the firings take in the past when you didn't have this problem? Do you use witness cones or just a cone in the sitter? How big is your kiln and were the blistered pots in any specific area in the kiln or throughout the kiln? Which claybody are you using? What's different this time?

Also, were the blistered pots in the same part of the kiln as the non-blistered ones, or were they in different parts of the kiln? If the blistered ones were on the same shelf, can you determine if that shelf hotter or cooler than the others? Were there factors like pack density at work that might have created a bit of a heat sink?