Lockerbie Willie Wheel information

Ruyleja

I am looking for information on wheel I recently got…specifically how the wheel head and shaft are.  It appears to be a press fit but no luck in removing.  Based on a slight wobble I have in true wheel head when operating think the actual head is not fully set onto the shaft.  It is made by Lockerbie and appears to be similar design as their kick wheel but it is electric … see pics.  Anyway very limited info out there so wondering if any luck for members on this forum.  Thanks in advance !

A6CE5BC9-E822-4B5C-9725-D1B2DB447C15.jpeg

So I took the entire wheel apart…fairly straight forward design.  Heated the wheel head and ensured the shaft was fully seated with your suggestion.  I am still not certain how the wheel head is attached to shaft which is a 1 inch carbon steel bar stock with a key way machine for the motor belt pulley attachment.  Reassembled and the wheel still is slight wobble which appears to be originating from the belt pulley to be honest so maybe it is the design of this wheel?  It is a shame I can’t more information as I really like the over all design and setup!

How much does the surface of the wheel (at the outer edge) run out?
IOW, how much vertical movement is there?

If the wobble is horizontal only, that shouldn't shake up the work, excepting for the visual - a large diameter bat can help there!

If there is a significant up and down wobble, I've found that hard to work with.

• 8 months later...

I just got one of these! I love the design. Mine also has a slight wobble, or more of a rumble really. Feels like it’s coming from the belt assembly. It doesn’t seem to affect my throwing but I’d still like to tune it up.  Any luck fixing the yours? I can’t find any information online except for your post and this one from a few years ago: