Kiln error -PLOG Orton AutoFire 2000

Hi all,

This is my first post and I'm in need of some help. I have an electric kiln run on an AutoFire 2000 Kiln Controller by Orton. This was my first bisque fire. I'd done one test fire previously with no issue. 

Today, I set my bisque for cone 04, 2 hr preheat, slow (as I have some thicker pieces). It was nearing 11pm and had reached 1600-something degrees, so I set my alarm for 1am to check on the kiln. I found my controller flashing "PLOG 134". My manual says PLOG is a diagnostic error that can usually be corrected with the enter key. 

I pressed enter and the kiln resumed firing, although upon reviewing the program, it was not set to today's schedule. I aborted the firing and reset to my schedule of cone 4.

I have no idea what happened or what this error means. Any ideas why my kiln had a diagnostic error? 

THANK YOU!

49 minutes ago, Taylor Crowell said:

I found my controller flashing "PLOG 134". My manual says PLOG is a diagnostic error that can usually be corrected with the enter key. 

Looking at the manual on Orton site (via https://www.ortonceramic.com/autofire-controllers-resources)
I don't see a PLOG  0134 message mentioned, if you can't find one either it might be worth contacting Orton to find out what it means.

image.png.b1de5bdc40ea47b0dac6bddb90bd068f.png
image.png.8b0c69b7254dbd0cd828c0d5abccc648.png

However, with the exception of PLOG 0011, they all seem to imply a pretty significant problem has occurred. Hopefully simply as a consequence of a transient such as a power glitch.

PS Pedantically the manual says that the error can be cleared. As you seem to have confirmed this doesn't mean that you can [always] just continue with the firing [well spotted].

Hi Taylor,

An older manual* indicates "Special Error codes, consult Orton" for 0128 through 0225

1389471669_ortonplog.JPG.70f80dca5109dbc059b391079e93c763.JPG

0128 through 0255 corresponds to set bits

1000 0000
through
1111 1111

...which doesn't appear to help, at all, except, perhaps, that there are (or were) more than eighteen error conditions defined...

*Orton-Autofire-Manual.pdf (nidec-shimpo.com)

Edited by Hulk
bit check, check