Transporting CoreLite shelves from store to studio?

Hi,

I have been considering the purchase of a 20" round and some 20" half round CoreLite shelves and have found that packaging and shipping costs amount to nearly 50% of the expense to acquire them.

As it happens, I have a family member who lives near a retail pottery supply house that has some shelves in stock and they are planning a road trip to our home in the next few weeks.

They are willing to pick up and bring the shelves in their automobile, but I am concerned because it is a 600 mile journey, and they are likely to hit a pothole somewhere along the way.

I don't have any experience with this product and am wondering if it is reasonable to think that wrapping the shelves carefully in some blankets will make it likely that the shelves arrive in one piece.

Are they excessively fragile? Am I asking them to do the impossible? Would fairly normal precautions be sufficient?

Thank you!

A piece of cardboard between them will work fine (thats how they ship most of them) . You need to keep them from slipping apart(tape the bundle as one) blankets can work  Or bubble wrap. They can be shipped flat or on edge but on edge they should be held tight so not to fall over.

I bought Corelites for my old front loader from Tacoma and brought them back to BC in my vehicle. Like Mark said, a piece of cardboard between them and I kept them upright and they made it home fine. A blanket underneath them is a good idea.