Does anyone know the recipe for “Basic Brown” high fire glaze?

I recently discovered a brown glaze I’d like to use again, but I can’t find the recipe anywhere!  It’s called “Basic Brown”, and it looks like a buckwheat honey colored fake ash.  I have a picture of it..  If anyone has the recipe, I would LOVE it if you could share it with me.  Thanks for your help.  Marian

11FBBAC8-59B9-42A2-B8B4-5D5722FECF30.jpeg

Edited by RiverOtter
Added picture

22 hours ago, RiverOtter said:

I recently discovered a brown glaze I’d like to use again, but I can’t find the recipe anywhere!  It’s called “Basic Brown”, and it looks like a buckwheat honey colored fake ash.  I have a picture of it..  If anyone has the recipe, I would LOVE it if you could share it with me.  Thanks for your help.  Marian

I recommend take your own clear glaze and add small different amounts of red iron oxide (or yellow iron oxide or mixtures of both) and see which recipe you like best. 

LT

25 minutes ago, Magnolia Mud Research said:

I recommend take your own clear glaze and add small different amounts of red iron oxide (or yellow iron oxide or mixtures of both) and see which recipe you like best. 

Lou, I read the op's post as needing the fake ash recipe not the brown bear. Maybe I'm reading it wrong?

Glaze on the pot itself looks a lot like Hannah's / Hanna's fake ash with some extra iron.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/1/2022 at 3:10 PM, RiverOtter said:

Thanks for your ideas.  It was the ashy glaze I was looking for, and after repeated searches in all the places I should have looked in the first place, I found the recipe!  Thanks again.

Hello RiverOtter.

A question from across the pond. I am in England.

I love that glaze you have used. Is it possible to share the recipe with me?

Hi @planter and welcome to the forum.

@RiverOtter hasn't been on the forum since Sept 2022 so unlikely they will see your question. If you send them a PM they will get an email saying they have a new message. To send a PM click on @RiverOtters name or avatar then at the top of the new page that opens there will be a little envelope. Click that and follow the prompts.