Cutting Bisque Tile

I know there's a lot of saws out there, do bisqued tiles require proper tile saw?
Trying to stop buying yet another tool if unneeded. I'm just trying to cut 30 tiles, they're all bisque, if I do need tile saw does it have to be electric and wet?

A wet tile saw would be ideal, but a masonry blade in a circular saw works well to cut alumina kiln shelves which are probably more dense than bisque.  I'd do it outside and run a small stream of water on the tile to keep the dust down and lubricate the blade.  I used to do that until I built a propane conversion kiln at which point I had to cut down 10 12x24 shelves to 10x22.  I then  bought a Harbor Freight tile saw and now can cut anything short of silicon carbide like butter.

As always, safety glasses and gloves and a respirator if cutting dry.  Good luck.

We have used a cheap Harbor Freight tile saw for years,  when we wear one out it is replaced immediately.    I make stoneware murals and I had to breakdown and buy a large tile saw but we still keep a Harbor Freight tile saw around.   It is so much easier to set and clean up than our large one for small jobs.    Denice

Archived