Pizza Stone for Kiln Shelf?

Here's a crazy question...I can't find a kiln shelf for a used kiln I bought. Out of stock online and at the clay shops. Could I use a pizza stone? They look so similar...I am 100% new to this so will accept any and all mocking.  I have a little Skutt kiln 614-3 I need a 10" (ish) shelf, I saw a pizza stone that size and was just wondering.

I know that kiln shelves make great pizza stones, but I'm not sure about the other way around. Pizza stones seem like they are finer grained and/or tighter than kiln shelves, but I could be wrong and it may depend on the brand of shelf.  In a kiln that size I think I would be more willing to try it than in a larger kiln, but I think I would just do a bisque firing with it first to see how it holds up.

• 1 year later...
13 minutes ago, messyfox said:

Have you tried this yet? 

How did it go?

Not sure you're going to get an answer since she hasn't posted anything else to forum since asking this question. But we can tag her @SarahFi and see if she responds. You can also send her a direct message by hovering over her icon and clicking on 'message'.