Glaze Calculation Software

I'm used to working with glazes the old fashioned way, intuition and pencil and paper, so I've put off buying glaze calculation software and haven't even looked into what is available. Before I do does anyone here have any suggestions? Also, does the software tell you when a glaze has too little silica, etc. to be stable?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

I use Glazemaster, from John Hesselberth. Does all the basics. Shows silica to alumina ratio, which will indicate stability. I think you can download a test copy from his website.

Thanks Bciskepottery. Seems that's the most popular one. Wonder how others stack up to it.

Jim

Guest JBaymore

Jim,

Been away.... daughter got married (Yippee!!!!)

Go to Digitalfire.com and download the fully functional demo of Insight. Great way to see if you like it. Tony has video demos on the website to get you started using it.

It is what I use in my college materials courses and havwe for more yerars than I can count. I've tested them all a number of times. I particulary prefer this one for the constantly updated online features of the Level II license....... GREAT constantly updated recouce "book".

As to the silica qusetion...... yes..... within the limits of the accuracy of Seger calculation and the accuracy of the typical analysis information that you are using for your materials.

best,

................john

Jim,

Been away.... daughter got married (Yippee!!!!)

Go to Digitalfire.com and download the fully functional demo of Insight. Great way to see if you like it. Tony has video demos on the website to get you started using it.

It is what I use in my college materials courses and havwe for more yerars than I can count. I've tested them all a number of times. I particulary prefer this one for the constantly updated online features of the Level II license....... GREAT constantly updated recouce "book".

As to the silica qusetion...... yes..... within the limits of the accuracy of Seger calculation and the accuracy of the typical analysis information that you are using for your materials.

best,

................john

Congrats on the marriage or you daughter! Thanks for the info. I'll look into Digitalfire.

Jim

Archived