Is it possible to use a Giffin Grip with a Shimpo Aspire wheel?

Jess26

I've had my Giffin Grip for a few months, and recently purchased a Shimpo Aspire tabletop wheel, which is in the process of being shipped. I just read that my Giffin Grip will not fit on an Aspire wheel. Is there any adjustment I can make that would allow this to work? 

The Aspire wheelhead is 7 inches in diameter. The smallest diameter the Giffin Grip can be adjusted is about 9 inches with the feet in the factory designed position. However, looking at my Grip, you might be able to reverse the feet and they might fit around the 7 inch Aspire wheelhead.  Note also that  the special Shimpo bats for the Aspire are 9.75 inches in diameter, so it is probable that you can set the Grip on a bat rather than directly on the wheelhead. (You probably already know that standard bats designed for 10 inch wide pins will not work on the Aspire, so if you like to throw on bats, you need to get a supply of their special size bats, and this is another use for them.)

4 hours ago, Dick White said:

The Aspire wheelhead is 7 inches in diameter. The smallest diameter the Giffin Grip can be adjusted is about 9 inches with the feet in the factory designed position. However, looking at my Grip, you might be able to reverse the feet and they might fit around the 7 inch Aspire wheelhead.  Note also that  the special Shimpo bats for the Aspire are 9.75 inches in diameter, so it is probable that you can set the Grip on a bat rather than directly on the wheelhead. (You probably already know that standard bats designed for 10 inch wide pins will not work on the Aspire, so if you like to throw on bats, you need to get a supply of their special size bats, and this is another use for them.)

Thank you so much! 

• 2 months later...

Archived