Chemical fumes?

I’m curious why, above and around certain tiles, in closely stacked shelves, there is a clear brown halo. 
The glaze in question has among other things, strontium, lithium and copper carb in it.  It’s clearly coming from just that glaze. 
Any knowledge on this and if this should be a health concern? (I run a venting fan during the firing.) 

thanks. 

D4215731-4B96-4C6F-B580-E21D98ACD0C7.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Min said:

I read  "above and around" to be, well, above and around, not underneath. 

Oh whoopsies, I get those marks UNDER my stuff.  No clue then!  

Some fairly nasty stuff comes out of a kiln during firing, hydrochloric acid, hydrofluoric acid, sulfuric acid, heavy metal vapors.

The chemical glaze fumes leave marks-heat flow leaves marks-hard to tell which it is -even clay bodies leave marks (especailly stonewares)

If you have a vent no big deal. About a heath concern ,well pottery can be a concern but if you read up on it and take steps like venting outside-controilling dust -wearing gloves while glazing etc you will be fine.

I would not put the studio in the kitchen for example.

4 hours ago, Min said:

Looks like copper fuming. How much copper carb is in the recipe? Do you have kiln wash on the shelves? It's hard to tell from the image, is this the underside of a kiln shelf?

Yes. you are looking at the underside of the shelf just above (no more than 1" above) the tiles with the glaze that copper and other ingredients I listed. I hadn't noticed this before and these are new Corelites. The glaze has no more than 2% cu in it.  Maybe a chemical reaction with the new shelves... Thanks

I’ld check the draw on your vent, also might need to have greater than 1” above shelves with tiles (with this glaze) to have the fumes pulled away. Don’t think it’s a chemical reaction with the shelves. See if it gets darker in those areas with your next firing.

Archived