Good Morning,   I have been looking for a Vendor(s) who carries

Decal Waterslide Paper for creating our own designs on decals.  I purchased a used HP Laser Printer for this purpose but still cannot locate the decal paper. 

Any suggestions?  Thanks for "listening".  Diane Horton, Maine

Diane,

Finding a vendor who carries a particular product and identifying the particular product are 2 different challenges. For better or worse, there is only one remaining producer of decal paper in the US market for hobby potters to make monochrome laser-printed decals for ceramic use. That company is Fired On Images. When I say for better or worse, this company has gone on a legal rampage in recent years claiming that their process for laser printing images on decal paper with a high iron toner (HP and Canon being the main printers having such a toner) with the end purpose of ceramic decoration is their proprietary trademarked/patented process, and all the other producers of waterslide decal paper have been served with cease-and-desist letters to remove any promotion or mention that their competing decal paper could be used for transferring laser-printed images to a ceramic surface. So that's where we are now. Fired On Images is the only product you will find specifically "allowed" to be used for laser ceramic decals. Now you just need to google-fu vendors who sell it.

All that said, there are other waterslide decal papers on the market. They just don't mention ceramic use.

I made some years ago by silkscreening china paints onto the paper. Messy process grinding and mixing the china paints for the screens because - amateur. There are ^018 enamels (or there were) that come in tubes like oil paints. They are easy to work with and you can paint directly onto the transfer.

Archived