econox oxy=probe

redbourn

I got a quote as well last fall

heres one of the e-mails

Well you're right we never sell the potter probe with a sheath on this side of the planet. ... for some reasons potters here never ask for it..

Would a loose tube be ok ? or do you want it to be part of the probe assembly ?

Heres my take as I answered yes and they said it would be free to add on.

They do not use in Europe the outer protection tube but they will put on if you ask or they did in my discussion with them.

You need this outer tube to protect your wire so make sure that is what you are getting in your order

Other than that keep in mind that somneday you will need it repaired (platuin wire wears out after hundreds of firings)I have worn out about 3-4 of them.

so Axnerand Bailey and Geil are  the only repair places. Giel is a bit spendy on repair-My last repair was this January with Axner and it was reasonable.

I have never dealy with Bailey on a probe

I would buy one from them now(Swiss) if I needed a new one-I have 4 working ones now which leaves me a few spares.

Please let us know and post a photo of it if you can as I'm curious of what it looks like. I'm sure its well made and the price is right.

On 4/20/2020 at 11:45 AM, Mark C. said:

I got a quote as well last fall

heres one of the e-mails

Well you're right we never sell the potter probe with a sheath on this side of the planet. ... for some reasons potters here never ask for it..

Would a loose tube be ok ? or do you want it to be part of the probe assembly ?

Heres my take as I answered yes and they said it would be free to add on.

They do not use in Europe the outer protection tube but they will put on if you ask or they did in my discussion with them.

You need this outer tube to protect your wire so make sure that is what you are getting in your order

Other than that keep in mind that somneday you will need it repaired (platuin wire wears out after hundreds of firings)I have worn out about 3-4 of them.

so Axnerand Bailey and Geil are  the only repair places. Giel is a bit spendy on repair-My last repair was this January with Axner and it was reasonable.

I have never dealy with Bailey on a probe

I would buy one from them now(Swiss) if I needed a new one-I have 4 working ones now which leaves me a few spares.

Please let us know and post a photo of it if you can as I'm curious of what it looks like. I'm sure its well made and the price is right.

I will send a photo when it arrives.  Thanks for the advice about repair.

They don't post prices?  You have to call them for a quote?  When you say their price was half of Axner, does that include the control/monitor?  What was your quote?

I'm leaning toward the Bailey unit.  $1275  

You think Axner, Bailey or Geil would service this probe?

Got the stimulus check and now need to stimulate.

Yes you email them for the quote-its is the probe and a meter-you can ask about the meter (I did not) My quote was 875.00 delivered if I recall

Way cheaper than any domestic probe-Axner will rewire any probe as they are all the same including this one-just a silver solder platinum rewire deal away from the hot end.

Cost is usually reapit is under 200$ no need to send in the meter.Just the probe

Thier meter looks the same as all others-saving 400$ makes sense really.

My last two meters where used for 500$ but If I bough new it would be this Swiss meter for sure.

Geil repairs cost the most-I had a friend who had his repaired and it was over $500. but it was busted up bad. It needed all new stuff not just wire.

The Bailey $1275 includes the meter.  The Swiss monitoring unit adds some bells and whistles that I might consider paying for, data recording and heat monitoring as well as oxygen.  The probe itself looks like a toss up, the tech isn't appreciably different.  I do want a meter with the probe.

I did send them an email, so we'll see  how fast they respond. 

The ControX V2.0 module offers calculation and display of oxygen concentration (%O2, ppm, or log), and display of temperature (°C or °F), in one compact package. Easily accessible connectors on the side of the module offer quick connection of analog outputs, 4-20 mA outputs.  A USB port is included as standard.

From their website.  So a bit more than a simple meter.  Based on the price of this unit, which I do not know, it would be an upgrade over the ohm meter.

The hole in pocket is due to the check from the Feds and the wife's go ahead.

3 hours ago, CactusPots said:

The ControX V2.0 module offers calculation and display of oxygen concentration (%O2, ppm, or log), and display of temperature (°C or °F), in one compact package. Easily accessible connectors on the side of the module offer quick connection of analog outputs, 4-20 mA outputs.  A USB port is included as standard.

From their website.  So a bit more than a simple meter.  Based on the price of this unit, which I do not know, it would be an upgrade over the ohm meter.

The hole in pocket is due to the check from the Feds and the wife's go ahead.

The probes contain a type R thermocouple and outputs roughly 0-1.4 v  for O2 so if ya want you could get any digital appliance probably in the 20 -30 dollar range and have a  large Two line digital display of percent and temperature.  Not sure how much this is but there are many meters capable of storing and outputting via bluetooth, usb,  etc.. I am not saying this isn’t worth every penny just saying if it turns out to be hundreds then I would probably rethink it based on my level of comfort with putting this stuff together. If you are  fairly handy, it’s pretty easy to create way cool stuff. If not, this might be the ticket.

013A031D-CDB9-45B1-8A89-D1A764234F73.jpeg

On any axner probe you can just switch the meter to Temperature readings-they are on a different scale that needs a chart to interpret-(pain in ass) Meaning its a number scale and they provide a chart that shows the numbers on a temp scale.I just use my digital meter (old chaep fluke) much easier.

5 hours ago, CactusPots said:

I'd probably have to confirm with the Swiss outfit, but if their probe does send a temperature reading along with the 02, that's unique, right?  I mean to say no other probe does that.

It’s a common way to make the probe. A Type R thermocouple Is sort of ideal to use as a voltage source. Their probe seems identical to the Axner probe. I haven’t looked in a while but I believe they list the type R thermocouple and zirconia for the O2.

On 4/28/2020 at 1:48 PM, Mark C. said:

Yes you email them for the quote-its is the probe and a meter-you can ask about the meter (I did not) My quote was 875.00 delivered if I recall

Way cheaper than any domestic probe-Axner will rewire any probe as they are all the same including this one-just a silver solder platinum rewire deal away from the hot end.

Cost is usually reapit is under 200$ no need to send in the meter.Just the probe

Thier meter looks the same as all others-saving 400$ makes sense really.

My last two meters where used for 500$ but If I bough new it would be this Swiss meter for sure.

Geil repairs cost the most-I had a friend who had his repaired and it was over $500. but it was busted up bad. It needed all new stuff not just wire.

My quote to North Carolina was  $691, delivered.

15 minutes ago, redbourn said:

I'm surprised because a person named Cyril got back to me right away, several times.

Same for me it was a day or two response -maybe check your spam filter stuff

Archived