learning bisque firing and cones?

I am a jewelry artist and like to play with all mediums.I made these awesome little 1 inch pendants and want to glaze 1 side and leave the other open for diffusing oils.I have searched far and wide to learn what bisque firing and different  cones mean . Is there a specific book that can help me? I've looked on Amazon but its hard to know what is going to help.Thank you ahead of time for any direction and advice! I hope everyone is staying creative and well in this time of slowing down! Be well.Marci

Hi Marci and welcome to the forum!

Here is a  short basic guide of firing an electric kiln and a quick description of what cones are and their use.  For more specific information on cones go to the Orton website (they manufacture cones), lots of good information from Orton here. Do you already have a kiln to fire your pendants in and what type of clay did you make them from?

the answer to your question if fairly simple but it would help if you could give some info first.

since you have already made the pendants, please give the name of the clay you used and any information on the container it came in.   looking for cone # or temperature or anything else written.

babs has asked the rest.

Archived