Brent model B belt length

Hi,

Would anyone know what the correct outside length is for the belt on the Brent model B?

I live in England and getting branded parts is difficult and exorbitantly expensive.  To be honest, I am also pretty cheap...

I saw that the very badly deteriorated old belt had a code (430j 4), used that code to buy a cheap ($7 equivalent) belt.  The grooves were  correct but it was too long.  Wrongly assumed the code covers the length.   

I could try and measure the very old shabby one I have, but I'm not sure if it's stretched or how good my measuring is.  If anyone know the specified length it would be a great help

Many thanks,

Laurence

Hi Laurence!

Auto place may have a measuring tool which could get you in the ballpark, err, in the stadium then, given the badly deteriorated old belt hasn't separated.

...perhaps a B owner can help you with specifics (mine is a Skutt).

belt this.JPG

4 hours ago, Laurence Black said:

Hi,

Would anyone know what the correct outside length is for the belt on the Brent model B?

I live in England and getting branded parts is difficult and exorbitantly expensive.  To be honest, I am also pretty cheap...

I saw that the very badly deteriorated old belt had a code (430j 4), used that code to buy a cheap ($7 equivalent) belt.  The grooves were  correct but it was too long.  Wrongly assumed the code covers the length.   

I could try and measure the very old shabby one I have, but I'm not sure if it's stretched or how good my measuring is.  If anyone know the specified length it would be a great help

Many thanks,

Laurence

Here is a video that should help you identify the Brent belts and their size along with the correct part number.

Archived