Luster or Metallic over glaze

tbaa

I'm looking for lustre glazes and all I can find are the very obvious gold, platinum etc.  The most subtle is mother of pearl.  Is there  a way to make a metallic overglaze?    All my glaze recipes are Cone 6-7.   I want to OVER-GLAZE these with some metallic colors.  ANY ideas???  Does anyone work with lustre glazing ?  (I think of Lustre as in Alan Craiger Smith's work....and the like....)  I am not trying for that level of lustre and tin glazes etc.  That is well beyond my scope.

A company called ARTE FO has some amazing "Effect" glaze colors, but these go on bisque.  This may sound terribly naive - and lustre glazes may a more complex approach?    Hence the search for 'metallic' over-glazes.  Any suggestions.  Many thanks in advance....

Oh - got it.  Not quite what I was looking for, but I will get a book or two and see how this  works on ceramics, and rough surfaces.  Thanks for pointing me in this direction - it would never have occured to me....  (!)

use the search funtion for luster posts on maim page

most lusters work on smooth surfaces. You can use  high end gold in rough surfaces -search in glazes for some older Johns Baymores pots

heres some work from him

Archived