White crystal

Carrick

Hi can anyone help me , I’ve recently fired to bisque a wall plaque of a mermaid head . I’ve underglazed her added hair and shells etc  and would like to use a white crystal glaze for the face . Is there one I could buy  or could I add a powdered one to ordinary eathenware clear glaze to get the effect I’m looking for . Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you . Susie 

Spectrum makes glaze crystals for 05 and 5 that can be added on top of wet clear glaze. They make white crystals.Might be something worth looking into. Most major commercial suppliers carry Spectrum glazes. One nice feature is that you can place the crystals where you want them, if you choose.

Thanks all for great advise, I finally decided today to go ahead with what I had and clear glazed the shells  long hair etc after washing them with an underglaze , then for the rest I used  Deco suede matte Beach . My friend used it on a vase and it looks lovely . Hopefully the combination will be ok . Now it’s in the kiln and up to the kiln gods . The old saying !!!!!! You never quite know until you open .

we had a fantastic new exhibition opening at our island art centre last Friday evening with many lovely pieces sold. Nothing to do with the Wine and great food though .

keep potting and thanks again . Susie 

Archived