Tax Time for potters

Ok Min said she was working on taxes-seems I have been it that mode all January and the last week as well. I got all my stuff ready for account meeting in early Feb

lets see he worked on it a month and I just paid his bill for doing these few forms-like about 1/2  inch thick worth of forms-lets see 62 pages of forms

His work was these forms-

This for the feds

Form 1040

form 1040-ES

form 1040-V

schedule B

schedule C

schedule D

schedule E

schedule SE

Form 2210

Form 4562

Form 4797

Form 6252

Form 8829

Form 8879

For the state Of California 

Form 540

schedule CA

Form 3582

Form 3885 A

Form 8879

My cost was 615$ for prep. I signed  it along with my wife  and am really glad not to have done that part-good accounting is well worth it I have found.

I have mailed Feds and state taxes in as well as the whole year of 2018 prepayments for self employment(I hate quarterly )

Took a big hit this year but I knew I would.

Next year it should be a little less forms and only about 50 pages.

Big fun but its done

On another note I head that next year we just mail in a postcard-That will be the day.

8 hours ago, Mark C. said:

Ok Min said she was working on taxes-seems I have been it that mode all January and the last week as well. I got all my stuff ready for account meeting in early Feb

lets see he worked on it a month and I just paid his bill for doing these few forms-like about 1/2  inch thick worth of forms-lets see 62 pages of forms

His work was these forms-

This for the feds

Form 1040

form 1040-ES

form 1040-V

schedule B

schedule C

schedule D

schedule E

schedule SE

Form 2210

Form 4562

Form 4797

Form 6252

Form 8829

Form 8879

For the state Of California 

Form 540

schedule CA

Form 3582

Form 3885 A

Form 8879

My cost was 615$ for prep. I signed  it along with my wife  and am really glad not to have done that part-good accounting is well worth it I have found.

I have mailed Feds and state taxes in as well as the whole year of 2018 prepayments for self employment(I hate quarterly )

Took a big hit this year but I knew I would.

Next year it should be a little less forms and only about 50 pages.

Big fun but its done

On another note I head that next year we just mail in a postcard-That will be the day.

Mark, you just made me feel better about mine, only about 40 pages.  But gives me something to "look forward" to as pottery becomes a larger and larger portion of our income.

6 hours ago, DirtRoads said:

$615 isn't bad.  Think of the "opportunity" cost of doing them yourself.    How much in $ in pottery  production would have lost if you devoted time to the paperwork.

Not only that but keeping current with tax laws every year-I'll pass.

someday I will have the ez form with turbo tax-just not in the foreseeable future. 

$615 nis a deal for me really-includes 1.5-2.5 hours of talking as well.

Archived