Need help identifying kiln

Nancy5527

20171103_140933.jpg.3c007f48c34deb972780dc9f5147eb5b.jpg

In the course of installing this kiln in my studio, and making other building upgrades, the city inspector has taken exception to the kiln unless I can provide some information about the kiln (e.g. manufacturer, year produced, or something.).  I know nothing about its history, other than it has been located in southern California for many, many years. The interior appears to be approx 6-7 cu ft (volume).   Can anyone help?  Thanks for any info you can provide. 

20171103_140946.jpg

20171103_140951.jpg

I'm assuming this is a small updraft? is it hard or soft brick-its a cute little kiln.

3 burner or 4 ?? under  floor feed

Give us what you do know about it-cost -what size is the supply gas line? is the flue 3x3 or larger? some inside measurements may help as well. wall thickness brick type-rthese are all easy to get from that kiln itself .

The kiln body itself shouldn't be a worry as long as all the bricks are holding solid. The burner system and venting are the worries. Venting has nothing to do with the kiln brand, so that can be dealt with. The burner system should have some sort of safety system. Bare minimum it should have a Baso valve and pilot system. Even better would be a high temp shutoff controller connected to a solenoid on the gas line (in addition to the Baso). Most modern kilns use UV sensors, but that's getting into some big money. Personally, I wouldn't fire it if it didn't have at least a Baso.

That burner system looks very homemade from the photo. Is there a pilot on either burner? The kiln itself could be homemade, especially if there's not a serial plate on it anywhere.

Archived