Knight Kiln #82 With Kiln Sitter Lt-3K

kmchez

So in my wanderings last weekend, i found this kiln for $30 and brought it home.  I just finished wiring the outlet and getting it powered up, and i have the two yellow lights on and some humming.  Inside where the cones go, there is nothing on the end of the ceramic piece that the cones sit on, no metal, just the rod that goes throught the center.  I am prepared to by whatever parts i will need for this.  I would just like to know if there is a way to circumvenbt this, so that I can see if it heats up at all before makinf any more investment in it?  And tips would be appreciated! Thansk!

So in my wanderings last weekend, i found this kiln for $30 and brought it home.  I just finished wiring the outlet and getting it powered up, and i have the two yellow lights on and some humming.  Inside where the cones go, there is nothing on the end of the ceramic piece that the cones sit on, no metal, just the rod that goes throught the center.  I am prepared to by whatever parts i will need for this.  I would just like to know if there is a way to circumvenbt this, so that I can see if it heats up at all before makinf any more investment in it?  And tips would be appreciated! Thansk!

You can lift the external trip flap and push the sitter button in until it latches and slowly let the flap fall without tripping the sitter off, this is also the way you can extend the firing even though the sitter cone has tripped the sitter off.

David 

Yep, just lift the weight, press the power button, and lower the weight gently. The cone support rods are universal, so you can get them anywhere. In the future if you need parts for that kiln like elements, call Euclids. They know more about those kilns that anyone. Knight has been out of business for a long time.

Great tips!  Seem to get very hot!  Not sure of operating temp, but enough to know it works and could be useful.  So can anybody recommend a part supplier online, that doesnt mind talking to a novice?  I have found a manual online,. so I can at least tell him what I need!  Thanks again for the tips!

Great tips!  Seem to get very hot!  Not sure of operating temp, but enough to know it works and could be useful.  So can anybody recommend a part supplier online, that doesnt mind talking to a novice?  I have found a manual online,. so I can at least tell him what I need!  Thanks again for the tips!

See my previous post.

Archived