Help Writing Magazine Article

Hello

As you all know I've been banging on about devising a new technique for making laser cut sprig molds and more recently putting portraits onto clay. With the never ending support from the forum these techniques have been tried and tested are as good as I'm able to get them. There are loads of pics in my gallery.

I keep getting asked to write the process up for an article for the magazine but I just don't know enough  about ceramics to put it in the correct format using the correct language and terminology.  I've only been playing with clay for a few months.

Is anyone interested in leading on putting an article together. I can provide any photographs and a technical step by step guide but it would probably need to be re-written for the ceramic community.  Full credit for the article will be given to you, my role is just the helper monkey.

Thanks in advance. ....again.

Darran

Darran:

Generous offer on your part: but the process is the result of your creative ingenuity. As the other thread states: "Laser cut Molds." Describe the process of cutting wood molds, type of wood, perhaps what you learned in applying the technique. Type of clay, at what point you press it, and perhaps the learning curve. Do a forum search for push or sprig molds: take note of the terminology.

Nerd

I agree with nerd, the best person to write about it is you, and you should get credit for it too.

I would be glad to read your finished article before you submit it, just to let you know how it reads from the perspective of a ceramics person. There are probably others here who will do the same for you.

I think your gallery progression is great and should make it a snap for you to build your article around. Congrads on your work, publishing credits are a big deal in this business. Rich, you can forget about but famous around the globe is still possible. 

I added a CNC router to my wood shop and plan to do some mixed media work as well as some actual carving on clay as well as stamp making. Will keep an eye on your threads and look forward to the article.  

Darran,

I've written a few articles myself on topics I'm not fully versed in. I personally would write the article to the best of my ability and have someone who knows terminology or has more in depth knowledge look over the article and give you suggestions. You know your technique better than anyone so it would be best coming from you.

At the very least you should give yourself co-author credit! That's a lot of work and you deserve to be acknowledged for it.

I agree with nerd, the best person to write about it is you, and you should get credit for it too.

I would be glad to read your finished article before you submit it, just to let you know how it reads from the perspective of a ceramics person. There are probably others here who will do the same for you.

That would be brilliant. Thank you so much. Will message you over the weekend.

Archived