How To Steal Like An Artist

Guest HerbNorris

Oh, WOW! Thanks for sharing, Herb. I am sending the link to several of my students who are refusing to move away from their "comfort zone". I keep telling them that if you don't continue to evolve as an artist, time will slip up on you and your future has been eaten away by inactivity. I must get this guy's book. Awesome, totally awesome.

Great topic. Old head on young shoulders in the original link blog. Wonderful. I'd like to add my tuppence here for inspiration http://www.artbusiness.com. Very clever mini-essays on a variety of topics. I will assure you that you'll be sneaking a peek over the list. I've downloaded many of them and keep them handy. He's playing devil's advocate in some respects -- at your opening reception "Sobriety's Good.", but for those of you out there with young heads on young shoulders starting out and seeking ways forward through the labyrinth of approaching galleries and so forth, do have a read. What do you think?

The Stealing Like an Artist thing has a limited shelf life in my book. What does this mean in real terms, in real time? Just get on with it. Stop agonizing and make it. However, if the person on the wheel next to you at the Armpit Scratch Community Arts Center is making mugs with inside handles for the joke trade and you think these are worth copying...hmmmm.... Do let us all know how it turns out. :lol:

Dinah

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived