Giffin Grip

I am seriously contemplating purchasing a tool for trimming called the Giffin Grip. Since this is a substantial investment, especially for someone on a fixed income, I would like to get input from those who have used this tool as to its effectiveness. In other words do you think it is worth the price? Please accept my thanks in advance for all your comments and advice.

Charlotte

Being an avowed cheapskate, I try to avoid expensive tools. But still, I think the Giffin Grip is worth its price!! In my studio, it's on the list titled "things you'd have to pry from my dead fingers."

Mea

I am seriously contemplating purchasing a tool for trimming called the Giffin Grip. Since this is a substantial investment, especially for someone on a fixed income, I would like to get input from those who have used this tool as to its effectiveness. In other words do you think it is worth the price? Please accept my thanks in advance for all your comments and advice.

Charlotte

I really love using the griffin grip. I have made up some custom rubber blocks that allow me to hold chalice stems, works well. For all sorts of bottles, jars, cups, and other small to medium forms it is a timesaver. The limits of the device are really up to your imagination!

I have never regretted the purchase of my Giffin Grip, because you can add sculptural detail--if you wish--as you trim. As I alter a lot of my thrown pots, the set of slides that can be adjusted, individually, by hand have been a real plus. I agree with Mea--this tool goes to heaven with me.

Looks like I'm a bit late to the party but the company is superlative. Like most of you I too love my Giffen Grip and a number of its accessories. It speeds up trimming and allows me to trim pieces i otherwise wold have a hard time doing symmetrically. Happy New Year to all, may it be prosperous and fulfilling!

Best regards,

Charles

Archived