Sign in to follow this  
Mark369

Anyone Make A Slab Roller?

Denice    243

I saved money buying just the slab roller and built our own table from the plans they sent with it from Baileys.      Denice

Pres    896

Ken the cable setup is very similar to the Brent/Amaco I had in my classroom. But then that one costs a bit more this day and age. I think ours was the SR 14 with its own stand.

Mark369    6

Thank you all.  That is what I was looking for.   I have spare metal laying around from welding.  Was not sure how go get pressure on top roller but see now how to use lower roller to make it happen.  

Rakuken    22

Ken the cable setup is very similar to the Brent/Amaco I had in my classroom. But then that one costs a bit more this day and age. I think ours was the SR 14 with its own stand.

Pres, the cable set up is the same configuration as the Brent. All the parts were bought at hardware stores. Still using it.

Aloha, Ken

Rakuken    22

Ken how do you turn the pipe?

Mark, here is a better picture of the handle. I modified it since the last picture.

Aloha, Kenpost-8261-0-88727700-1402459802_thumb.jpg

LovesPurple    0

Sorry, a little late to this discussion, but I made my own slab roller also.  I made it from PVC pipe......and I filled the two PVC pipes with rebar and cement.....if you don't do that, it will flex

nportelli    0

I've thought about doing this, and still might make my own slab roller.  But then just using a rolling pin or large hardwood dowel from Home Depot and some slabs of wood for thickness seems easier.  But I like building things.  May be a winter project.

Mark369    6

I have some physical issues so mechanically rolling the clay is needed.  Also embosses patterns of cloth & lace evenly.

Mark369    6

Wanted to show that I got it built with scrap metal I had. spent $7 on wire crimps and eye hooks. Will serve my purpose well. Thanks Ken.    It has detachable legs for storage and transport.  Still have to put handle on it and find another shim sheet.  

post-62706-0-89284000-1404591108_thumb.jpgpost-62706-0-33093100-1404591130_thumb.jpg

post-62706-0-89284000-1404591108_thumb.jpg

post-62706-0-33093100-1404591130_thumb.jpg