#1 Brian Reed

Brian Reed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:06 AM

Looking for opinions on this Venco wheel? Has anyone ever used one? The specs look super cool, but I cannot find much information. The wireless pedal sounds like a good feature, and the solid construction seems nice.

http://www.axner.com...ters-wheel.aspx
Brian Reed

Throwing down in Washington State

http://www.reedpottery.com

Northwest Clay Club

#2 Mark C.

Mark C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,128 posts
  • LocationNear Arcata Ca-redwood rain forest

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:41 AM

These are made in Austrialia I think and service may be an issue as with Venco pug mills
I have no info on them but the pug mills have been around a long time.

I will say that on a recent trip to some pacific Islands I was around some shimpo VL wispers wheels in an art center location that where used every day and where holding up well and they are indeed about a noise free as you can get.I was impressed but the service also may be an issue as they are made offshore.
I repaired a Brent wheel speed issue for them with a butter knife and diagnosed another wheel issue for them
Mark
Mark Cortright
www.liscomhillpottery.com

#3 Benzine

Benzine

Socratic Potter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • LocationThe Hawkeye State

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

These are made in Austrialia I think and service may be an issue as with Venco pug mills
I have no info on them but the pug mills have been around a long time.

I will say that on a recent trip to some pacific Islands I was around some shimpo VL wispers wheels in an art center location that where used every day and where holding up well and they are indeed about a noise free as you can get.I was impressed but the service alsomay be an issue as they are made offshore.
I repaired a Brent wheel speed issue for them with a butter knife and diagnosed another wheel issue for them
Mark

Is that you Richard Dean Anderson?
"Anything worth believing, is worth questioning"

#4 neilestrick

neilestrick

Neil Estrick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts
  • LocationGrayslake, IL

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:48 AM

I've' never thrown on the Venco, but I have tried other direct drive wheels and I think they feel very different than belt driven wheels. I prefer the belt drive.

Neil Estrick
Kiln Repair Tech
L&L Kilns Distributor
Owner, Neil Estrick Gallery, LLC
www.neilestrickgallery.com

neil@neilestrickgallery.com

#5 earthfan

earthfan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

Looking for opinions on this Venco wheel? Has anyone ever used one? The specs look super cool, but I cannot find much information. The wireless pedal sounds like a good feature, and the solid construction seems nice.

http://www.axner.com...ters-wheel.aspx

I live in Western Australia where everybody uses Venco wheels. Servicing is a problem here too, but I have never heard of one needing to be serviced. Mine is cone drive and 40 years old, and has lain idle for the last 20 years. I have recently returned to potting and I am using it again and I notice that it seems noisy, but works really well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users