Sign in to follow this  
JBaymore

What is "your gift" in your own clay artistry?

JBaymore    1,432

We all have the one particular thing in working with ceramics that we seem to do flawlessly time after time after time. While other things drive us crazy, this one aspect always seems to work for us. Interestingly, every person seems to have something different that does NOT go wrong........ what is yours?

What is "your gift" in your clay artistry?

Check out joining the Potters Council ( www.potterscouncil.org ) for more networking possibilities, peer mentoring opportunities, discounts on books, magazines, and DVDs, health insurance, credit card merchant programs, and many other member benefits.

Denice    243

We all have the one particular thing in working with ceramics that we seem to do flawlessly time after time after time. While other things drive us crazy, this one aspect always seems to work for us. Interestingly, every person seems to have something different that does NOT go wrong........ what is yours?

Check out joining the Potters Council ( www.potterscouncil.org ) for more networking possibilities, peer mentoring opportunities, discounts on books, magazines, and DVDs, health insurance, credit card merchant programs, and many other member benefits.

I took a Anasai research class in college and discovered that I could do no wrong when it came to coiling. I know it sounds like a simple skill but I can coil large, small. thin, thick and unusual shapes. Most people think I threw them and they don't crack in pit firing. If I'm feeling stressed about my work I'll take a break and make some coil pieces to recenter myself. Denice

Pres    896

I think I throw reasonably well, and have had other "professionals" tell me that I make exceptionally strong pulls. However, when it comes to my gift, I still think in the clay that I am more gifted to help others with it that excel myself.

Benzine    609

As far as my students know, my gift is omniscience, omnipotence, and infallibility.

In reality, I'm pretty good at trouble shooting/ problem solving issues, when it comes to fixing projects, both prior to and during their construction.

Mark C.    1,797

For me its reduction firing and glazing- those are my strong points that come easy. Its from doing them forever over and over I feel and its also the part I enjoy most.

I'm a fire potter not a mudder.

Mark