Would like to buy Joe finch's kiln construction book

Natania

I've tried twice to buy this book online (kiln construction: a brick by brick approach) for less than $50, but both times I have been subsequently informed that the book is actually unavailable and i was issued refunds. I assume it is out of print, and that is why most copies listed online are upwards of $300 (at the low end). Any ideas where I could get a used copy for less than $50-100? I just can't afford more than that, even if the book is worth it's weight in gold...

Alibris books online has new ones for $25 plus shipping

Mark

This is the one I tried to buy (well, one of them). They told me that the books were out of stock, so one would think they would delete the listing....weird.

www.abebooks.com is a great source for out of print books, although in this case, one of the retailers claims to have new books for a very reasonable price.

Alice

This is the other one I tried to buy, but was told it was out of stock and my money was refunded.. So weird! They should get rid of the listing if they don't have the book, no? Call me crazy....

Amazon UK have it *new* for approx 15 GBP (about 22 USD). Don't you know anyone who could order it for you in Europe, and then send it to you?

here

I forgot about amazons uk, so I just ordered it from there and hopefully that is that. That's for the suggestion!

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone following the saga of my trying to buy this book (see the thread above), I ordered it from amazon.co.uk, and have just been informed that it is out of stock, maybe indefinitely. Perhaps a library loan is my only recourse, even though I'd love to own it. I hesitate to try to order it again online, but if anyone is successful in doing so, I'd love to hear about it.

Archived