I just setup a studio at home, one of the changes I made was raising my wheel. I used to have terrible hip pain from long sessions, even with a block under my opposite foot to balance the pedal. This has made a HUGE difference for me. My stool is a hydraulic adjustable motorcycle-style stool (bought for my dad from Costco, I got it back when he passed) and then I use the furniture lifts that you put under your bed or sofa. You can see part of it in the link. I'm right about what others were saying, seat height at or just above wheelhead  level. I'm just about 6'. I think the furniture lifts would work for the Shimpo too.

Three pieces of longer pipe replacing the original are always an easy way to go.  Maybe one intermediate support if raising it very high . For the lifts I have seen in the picture three pieces of longer pipe would likely be fine and they don’t absorb clay, are not mold food and leave a neater footprint on the ground to mop around.

just a thought

31 minutes ago, Bill Kielb said:

Three pieces of longer pipe replacing the original are always an easy way to go.  Maybe one intermediate support if raising it very high . For the lifts I have seen in the picture three pieces of longer pipe would likely be fine and they don’t absorb clay, are not mold food and leave a neater footprint on the ground to mop around.

just a thought

The reason I made a stand instead of using longer legs is so I can put it back down on the floor if needed. If it's your only wheel, you may need to put it down for tall forms. In my case, I sometimes need another wheel for my classes. I used green treated lumber for longevity.

@CaroleLagace Some brands, like TS/Skutt, sell legs in whatever length you want. Brent makes extensions. They may work for your Shimpo- give them a call and ask what diameter legs they use. It wouldn't be too difficult make your own extensions out of pipe fittings, or find longer pipes on the web. I recommend first using cinder blocks or something cheap like that to figure out just how high you want it, then you can get or make legs of the correct height.

Throwing standing is very different than sitting. You lose a lot of bracing- you can't rest your elbows on your knees or put your elbow into your leg for added strength. It takes a few weeks to get used to, and to build the muscles you'll now have to use to to compensate.