Question About a Bernard Leach Quote

Hello - I'm a filmmaker working on a video. I want to quote Bernard Leach. It's my understanding that in one of his books he mentions "touchability" as a primary attribute of great pottery - if it's a beautiful piece, you want to touch it. I've scouted around for the exact quote but without luck so far. I'm wondering if someone reading this might be familiar with the quote and perhaps could point me toward the book that it's in and perhaps a page number. Thanks for reading this. - Regards, Henry.

Thanks Pres, Fred and Jeff for your efforts on my behalf. I suppose I should gracefully say, "Ah, let it go," but I actually would like to have it be right. Sorry for causing extra work!

You know, really, maybe the easiest way is for me to re-register?

Regards,

H on H

(No word back from Simon. I'll probably buy the rest of Bernard's books [I have one] and page through them. Time well spent - what a marvelous fellow.)

@henry on hillisde Click on your username in the upper right corner (click the username, not the “H” avatar).

From the drop down menu, choose Account Settings.

You’ll see a button for changing your Display Name. I don’t think a mod can do it for you, but you can change it yourself. 

22 hours ago, henry on hillside said:

Thanks GEP.  It seems to have gotten done without my intervention. Thanks to all for your help.

Jennifer, one of the administrators handled that.

best,

Pres

• 3 weeks later...

Archived