HVLP sprayer

Now that the MAGMA product is in my arsenal, I'm thinking different ways to use it.  Do you think it would play nice in a HVLP spray gun?  I'm thinking about using it to float wood ash or my iron wash and spray a light coat over glazes.  You'd certainly want to clean the gun well after each use and getting the mixture to the right consistency would be critical.  I'm just wondering if anyone has already tried this.  If not, I'll let you know.

i have experience in using HVLP and siphon spray guns.   you can keep all the complicated HVLP guns, just don't try to take my simple to clean siphon type.   EZE makes a good sprayer, their bottles are a four letter word, though.

I finally succumbed to the cup on top for my glazes. Gravity helps and none of my old very expensive syphon type automotive guns like glaze nor is glaze like paint. They don’t rust though, no cheap steel parts.

Some of my cups have a ball valve so it’s easy to just fill them in standby mode. Kind of spoiled in that way as I just refuse to tolerate the inconvenience of a bad cup setup.

Another black hole - also been working on airbrushing underglaze around 1 mm.

Magma results should be interesting

Mama is like snot. Unless you thin it a lot its going to  clog the gun.

You can stick wood ash or iron wash without  Magma. 

Not many here use the stuff-I love the stuff but only in needed applications

let us know how it turns out-I suggets thinning it with hot water in a blender before adding to any sporay mix.

Not sure why you would use it to spray? unless you mean you are using it in thiose glazes or washes then spraying it?? And if so I thionk you will have zero issues doing so.

I'll pick up the EZE sprayer when I get a chance.  I have used something similar, but more low end.  EZE is apparently made for spraying glues for upholstering.  HVLP sprayer from Harbor Freight are under $20.  My wood ash mix has a lot of different things in it, including glass beads for reflective signs, lithium, and iron filings.  Stuff that settles out quickly in a wet mix.   I mostly dump it dry  on wet shino to get a ash drip run.  Spraying a light layer would give me a more even gray color based on some brushing test from my last fire.  Basically, I'm looking for a natural stone appearance. 

Archived