Would stuff like this sell?

Don’t forget that function is not the only factor that determines whether a pot will sell or not. Style and aesthetics are important too. 

Having said that, for the show that I am currently planning for, I have 47 mugs and cups, 47 individual-sized bowls, and only 16 various jars and canisters. Among other designs too. I have 235 pots total. These plans are based on the past two years or so of sales. I keep track of everything. I expect to sell across the whole line. 

I agree with everyone that many people will like such a piece, but maybe not at the price that would pay you back adequately for your time. How many hours would you say such a piece takes you to make all told?

Many appealing music boxes still have that sort of shape, with a rounded bottom part and charming figure-work on the top.  I was looking at one in wood a couple of days ago, considering it as a gift for someone.

But I know we are at that point of going through our things to dispose of things that we do not need, retaining things with sentimental value.

Have you looked at Etsy for people selling small handmade ceramic jars with decorative lids?  I just looked for about 3 minutes and saw one shop selling pieces that look to be about that size for about $20, which doesn't seem like it would come close to paying for the effort.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived